The KDE3.5 repository has been migrated to a new team PPA, and in the next
month or so I will be heavily modifying the PPA that you are currently
I have updated the instructions on http://apt.pearsoncomputing.net to
reflect the new team PPA, so please update your system with the new
repository information as soon as possible. Be sure to update the GPG key
as well, by following the instructions under "Add the GPG signing key".
This will not affect your current software installation--the binaries have
been copied directly from the existing PPA with no modifications. I am
only requesting that you update the repository locations in an effort to
prevent future problems, as the old PPA will become a development/testing
PPA in the future.
Thank you, and I hope you enjoy your KDE3.5 installation!
The update is finally complete! You may now update and then file bugs on
the bug tracker at http://bugs.pearsoncomputing.net as needed.
Before filing a bug, please check the following:
1. Make sure *all* of the available updates are actually installed.
KDE3.5 is made up of many small packages, and some of them can "slip
though the cracks" and not get updated by your package manager. The
simple way to test this is to open a terminal and type "sudo apt-get
update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade" (without the quotes).
2. Does the bug still exist when you log in as a brand new user? If not,
then one of your profile's configuration files (located in ~/.kde3) is
most likely out of date, and you will need to find and update it manually.
This repository is finally Debian directory structure compliant, and also
compatible with any new version of KDE4 due to the prefix change. I hope
this will make the transition to Jaunty quite smooth.
As always, I welcome your comments and suggestions!
The KDE3.5 bugtracker at http://bugs.pearsoncomputing.net is back online.
I ask the you refrain from filing new bugs until the current update is
complete, at which point another announcement will be made.
Status of update: I am still ironing out some bugs in kdebase and Compiz,
but I have successfully run Compiz in the new prefix on my test machine.
I hope that this update will be completed on schedule in the next couple
Thank you for your patience!