I have put a significant amount of work into the QuickBuild system over
the past week in an attempt to stabilize it and increase performance.
While I am aware that there were some outages in random components (most
notably the PPA mirror redirects) while I was doing this, all issues
should be resolved at this point.
As of this writing four build machines are online, one for each
architecture. As we have reached the chiller fund goal (see prior
messages) the remaining x86/amd64 build machines will be brought back
online over the next couple weeks.
Please let me know what you think, and definitely let me know if anything
is still malfunctioning!
the QuickBuild 'axis' archive signing key and also my personal key used to
sign Alternative preliminary stable-builds archive (trinity-sb) were updated
2014-06-21 to increase the key strength from 1024 bits to 4096 bits in
accordance with a recent security advisory.
The new QuickBuild 'axis' archive key fingerprint is:
414A 7361 20EA D92E AE8B 24AE F7F9 96A6 00A5 8606
The new my personal key fingerprint is:
453E B7B3 8E49 1AE1 108C D8BC 608F 5293 A04B E668
You may add both updated signing keys to your system with this command:
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.quickbuild.pearsoncomputing.net --recv-keys 00A58606 A04BE668
Soon, all my archives will be signed by the new key. It is also recommended
that you remove the old signing keys from your system:
sudo apt-key adv --delete-keys 80479E11 ED1F4884
I apologize for this small inconvenience.
Thank you for using TDE!
Anybody any thoughts on why the tdebase (from git) build is so heavy on
ram? It makes building on embedded systems even more arduos than one
On a desktop PC with 6 cores and 32GB ram, the build uses over 7GB of
ram in the first couple of minutes ( I didn't build to the end, just
wanted a quick check). Not many embeded systems are that ram abundant :)
On the arm devices I've tried to natively build on, all the ram is used
almost immediately (largest ram I have is 2G) and I can throw swap space
at it ad infinitum without success.
We have seen an error in Konqueror for the translation (french).
The expression "open in background tab" is not translate.
Tél. : 0659514624
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
The QuickBuild SSL certificate recently expired. I am fully aware of the
situation, however my CA (StartCom) is dragging their feet such that it
will likely be several weeks before this can be resolved. The site is
still as secure as before; to use QuickBuild in the meantime please ignore
the certificate expiration warning.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Trinity Desktop Project
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
>> in bug 2015 (http://bugs.pearsoncomputing.net/show_bug.cgi?id=2015) Darrell has
>> pointed out several pictures that need rebranding from K to T.
>> Any one volunteering for doing it in his/her spare time? Those rebranding would go
>> into v14.0.0 if we can get the new pictures ready in time.
> Update: I'll be attaching the amended icons to the bug in Buzilla as I go,
> to avoid spamming this list, so anyone else wishing to pitch in should check there first.
> E. Liddell
I have made a list of images that still need K->T rebranding and uploaded to bug 2015.
E., would it be possible for you to go through them as well when you have time? No need to rush, we still have plenty of bugs to fix before v14.0.0 can be released.
before I open a bug report, I want to check if any of you can see the same problem.
I noticed yesterday on my system that the frame around any TQGroupBox is no longer displayed.
The problem seems to affect all styles: if I open a .ui file in KUIViewer, the frame is missing whatever style I choose.
I did a rebuild last night and checked again this morning, but the problem is still there.
I have a test VM with an environment from May 20 (the sources could be from May 18 or 19) and the TQGroupBox frame is displayed correctly. So the bug has been introduced quite recently.
If any of you can confirm this, I will open a bug report and add it to the v14.0.0 bug list, since it affects the UI system wide.
there are 2 bugs since the last 1 or 2 releases of the nightly builds:
Background gets black:
It doesn't appears very often, but if it does i can't use even the right
mousebutton on the desktop.
A reliable Way to force this bug is (after a fresh login) to
1. start Heroes of Might & Magic III WoG ( a Wine - Appliction with
switches the Resolution from 1920x1200 to 800x600 and back)
you don't have to do anything in H III, you can just quit
2. start Emacs and quit
3. start vlc and quit. Usually you see here the first time the
background gets black but this is only temporary.
4 start H III again and quit.
5 start vlc again and voila -> Background is black and remains until logout.
and with the last nightly build my networksettings are gone
- IP-Adress of the networkcard,
- standard-gateway and
Every time i boot or reboot, i have to set those data again.
i hope someone can help on this bugs.