On Wednesday 21 of December 2016 00:19:58 Fat-Zer wrote:
A long time ago I (kinda) promised to do something good on the testing
support for tdelibs with cmake. I'm sorry I protracted it so much. But
as it sad it's better late then never, so I want to present a series
of patches to fix/add/restore/enhance/whatever test support in
Long story short: the repository is located here:
Note that cmake submodule has a different link due to it required some
There were already some workarounds for tdeui and tdeabc, but they had
- checks executables were added to "all" target, so they were build
- tests were run during build phase (which is confusing and wrong)
- no test statistics etc
What the patch set features:
- Add EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL flag for tde_add_library macro
- New macro tde_add_check_executable
- add tests from dcop/tdecore/tdeui/tdeio/tdeabc/tdewallet
- a fix in tdeio against mimemagic (fixes one check application)
- 40+ automated tests (mostly of base features which won't likely
fail) but anyway IMHO it's nice to have them.
How to use:
To build tests/check run "make check";
To run automated tests run either "make test" or "ctest";
To run specific tests e.g. for tdecore use "ctest -R tdecore" (note
that "tdecore" is just a substring of a test name )
To see verbose output of tests add -V flag "ctest -V -R tdecore".
For more information see cmake documentation about ctest and cmake
No automated test require nor X session nor a running tde session, but
if run inside a such session they may interact with it.
About tde_add_check_executable cmake macro:
The macro is mostly a tde_add_executable with a redused set of
arguments, but except of adding executable target to the "all" it adds
them to a special custom target "check". As of specific of test
executables (which are mostly one-source-file-based) it doesn't
require the SOURCE section, instead of which it globs the files based
on the target name. Also it has a TEST argument to automatically add a
test out of given file.
In short: great, good work!
Long: I have some problems with tests in tdelibs.
1) On Debian/Ubuntu is used WITH_GCC_VISIBILITY and tests
tdewallet/backend/testbf and testsha causes FTBFS - see patch
2) In dcop/tests/run-tests.sh is used "source ./shell.generated..."
where "source" is a bash specific => test may fail with other shells
(dash on Debian/Ubuntu). Fixed in bp0017-fix-dcop-test-bashism.diff
3) Test tdeio/kmimetypetest expects mimetype definitions in tdesycoca
cache => fails if it is done prior to installation. Proposed patch
bp0018-fix-tdeio-kmimetype-test.diff contains a workaround for the test
during the compilation on a clean build environment.
4) Test tdeabc/vcardparser/testread2 fail, probably because of some
erroneous utf8 conversion. For now I've had not examined it in detail ==
patch not included.
5) Test tdeabc/testldapclient expects dcop server, tdelauncher and access
to a foreign ldap server on the Internet => fails if it is done prior to
installation and depends on many factors which can not be influenced.
Therefore, I suggest not to perform this test during compilation - see