-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
The Trinity Desktop Environment (TDE) development team is pleased to
announce the immediate availability of the new TDE R14.0.1 release. The
Trinity Desktop Environment is a complete software desktop environment
designed for Unix-like operating systems, intended for computer users
preferring a traditional desktop model, and is free/libre software.
R14.0.1 is the first maintenance release of the R14.0 series, and is the
result of several months of ongoing effort by the TDE development team.
Maintenance releases are intended to promptly bring bug fixes to users,
while preserving overall stability through the avoidance of both new
features and major codebase re-factoring.
Original R14.0.0 Release Notes
You can read the release notes of the original R14.0.0 release, on which
R14.0.1 is based, at
R14.0.1 Release Notes
This section highlights some of the most important fixes introduced by
* Added support for Ubuntu Vivid 15.04
* Added initial support for FreeBSD
* Added support for ARM64 and PowerPC64le
* Konqueror file filtering now works correctly
* TDE session manager crashes should no longer be experienced
* KHelpcenter incorrectly displayed content is now visualized correctly
* Incorrect window transparency with TDE Compton has been eliminated
* Incorrect circular dependency in Debian/Ubuntu packages has been resolved
* TDEFileReplace no longer hangs/crashes when circular links are encountered
* TDENetworkManager no longer crashes if an interace is removed
* TDENetworkManager no longer hangs on point-to-point connections
* TDevelop cmake template projects now builds correctly
* Digikam slideshow no longer hangs
* Several qt3/tqt3 security alerts have been fixed
* Several FTBFS has been addressed
* KDesktop no longer hangs on startup
* KMail no longer crashes if closed in offline mode
* KSquirrel can load codecs - works again
The complete list of bugs fixed in this release is available at
A detailed commit change log is also available at
TDE now has basic support for FreeBSD! Additional developers are always
welcome to help port over the remaining features and applications.
Installation instructions and binary packages are immediately available
for Debian and Ubuntu. Packages for RedHat/CentOs, Fedora, Mageia,
OpenSUSE, and PCLinuxOS are being built by their respective maintainers
and will be made available at a later date.
Live CDs with TDE R14.0.1 preinstalled are available on the LiveCDs page.
Feedback from our users is an integral part of a large, user-experience
oriented project such TDE. Whether you want to report a bug, suggest an
improvement, or simply let us know your opinion of TDE, please feel free
to contact us. Two good places to start communication are the project's
mailing lists at https://www.trinitydesktop.org/mailinglist.php and its
bug tracker at https://bugs.trinitydesktop.org .
The TDE development team is small but friendly. If you wish to participate
in the TDE development process, please visit the Get involved page for
Contribute to the TDE Project
Creating TDE requires significant computing resources and bandwidth.
Please consider helping to keep us online with a donation on our donations
page at https://www.trinitydesktop.org/donate.php .
In particular, the TDE project is desperately in need of additional disk
space for its build farm to store the package archives of Debian Stretch,
and also the built binaries for the additional architectures that TDE is
being built for. ARM and OpenPOWER may be the architectures of the
future, and we would like to ensure that TDE is available and functioning
on those platforms.
Thank you for your ongoing support. Without your financial assistance,
TDE would not be possible!
Press Contact Information
Project Founder/Administrator: Timothy Pearson, kb9vqf(a)pearsoncomputing.net
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----