Hi Bill!
Anno domini 2026 Sat, 26 Sep 10:49:26 -0700 William Morder via tde-users scripsit:
[...]
- audacious won't start up. I did look up all the documentation and
discussions on the forums, but they are mostly old (going back to 2007, etc.). For what it's worth, I have my audacious configured to start up after boot, which has worked seamlessly for about ten years now. I haven't changed much since then. I tried renaming these folders, tried renaming the config file, etc., but nothing helps. /home/~/.config/audacious /home/~/.local/audacious Usually, after I do this, then restart audacious, it creates new folders, and new config files. Then I just overwrite these with my own, and after that, everything is fine. This time, however, audacious won't start up at all, although it does appear as a process, briefly, in top, then disappears; and in htop it appears as a process, but does nothing, and I can only kill the process with some effort.
I tried installing the plugins, codecs, etc., but thus far can't imagine what the problem may be.
Can you run it from a terminal? Most likely you'll see som hints.
- I also have problems with qmmp. [..] if possible, which have worked for twenty
years or more.
That's why I have xmmp1 on freebsd - it's a good freind frozen in time :) Can't help with qmmp as "audacious"+vlc works for me.
- VLC suddenly will not accept my system colors (i.e., TDE colors), but
instead uses some kind of default. At least it's legible, and still plays about the same as before. But I imagine it's related to this same issue.
Did you try "lxappearance" to set the theme? Things for GNOMEs got wores sice the rise of v3 and continue to get worse with wayland emulation layers (not that of an issue in excalibur, but just brace for impact)
- Likewise, smplayer plays the same, ...
[...] To be clear, I use my color scheme to save my eyesight, which has been giving me problems more and more with age. A white background is like torture, and within five or ten minutes, my eyes get watery, and I can't see. I've been using dark color schemes ever since the year 2000 or so, and I would like to keep it that way.
That's why I made my own dark themed thingie :)
At present, I really want to get audacious working again, as I usually have either qmmp playing online radio, or audacious playing music from my files. The rest, I can live with, and sort out it time.
Sorry for the length. As I said, these problems all seem to be, in some way, the same underlying problem.
IMO you struggle with GNOMEs greatness. Rest assured, you are not allone!
Nik
Thanks for any help.
Bill
tde-users mailing list -- users@trinitydesktop.org To unsubscribe send an email to users-leave@trinitydesktop.org Web mail archive available at https://mail.trinitydesktop.org/mailman3/hyperkitty/list/users@trinitydeskto...